WPC Statement of Faith
1. The Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are verbally inspired of God, inerrant, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
2. In one God infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
3. Man was created in the image of God for holiness and righteousness to the praise of His glory; and that the fall of our first parents brought about the total depravity and lost condition of the human race.
4. In the virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutionary death, and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; that He ascended to the right hand of God the Father and is there interceding as our High Priest.
5. The atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race, and that salvation is attained only by repentance and faith in His blood.
6. Justification, regeneration, and adoption are simultaneous experiences of salvation provided by the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith, and effected by the Word through the agency of the Holy Spirit.
7. Sanctification, as an act of grace subsequent to the new birth, sets the believer free from the law of sin and death through the crucifixion of the flesh for the pursuit of holiness.
8. The baptism of Holy Ghost is subsequent to sanctification and empowers the believer for righteous living and service; and that the initial evidence is speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance.
9. The Church is visible as a company of disciples under the authority of the Scriptures, the Lordship of Christ, and the discipline of the Spirit. It exists to glorify God through the perpetuation of holy worship, the edification of the saints, and the proclamation of the gospel.
10. Water baptism, the Lord’s Supper, washing the saints’ feet, and the Lord’s Day are symbols of the new covenant and should be observed by all believers.
11. Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement, and that anointing with oil should be administered to the sick who call for prayer.
12. Spiritual gifts are given by the Holy Ghost to believers as He wills, and that they are for the building up of the Church and for the fulfilling of its divinely ordained functions.
13. Obedience to the commands of Christ is the proper evidence of saving faith, and that holiness is God’s standard of living for His people.
14. In the diligent use of the means of grace whereby one’s calling and election are made sure.
15. In the sacredness of life, the sanctity of marriage, the priority of the family, and the divine order of the home.
16. The call to separation requires a detachment from all that is worldly and an involvement in society as a responsible citizen doing what is good.
17. Jesus Christ will come again to catch up the living saints with the risen saints to be with Him, so to judge their works and reward their faithfulness; and that after the seven year tribulation on the earth, He will return with His saints to reign a thousand years.
18. In a bodily resurrection: a resurrection of life for the righteous and a resurrection of damnation for the wicked.
19. In a final judgment in which the dead will stand before God and be judged according to their works in this life.
20. In the eternal state, the righteous will inherit endless happiness and the wicked will receive endless torment, without liberation or annihilation.